This tutorial will help you create a new Amazon S3 bucket and get a user access keys for our S3 Integration extension as quickly as possible.
Log in to the AWS Console
- Already have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account? Sign in here.
- If you don’t have an AWS account yet, you will need to sign up here.
Create a new Amazon S3 bucket
In AWS console, go to S3 Management Console and create a new bucket.
Please make sure that your bucket is set for public access:
Create a new user
Heading to IAM Management Console to create a new user.
- Enter a name for the user in the Username field
- Names are case-insensitive and must be unique within your AWS account. Usernames can be a combination of up to 64 letters, digits, and these characters: plus (+), equal (=), comma (,), period (.), at sign (@), and hyphen (-).
- Under AWS access type check Programmatic access only
Create a policy for the user
Step 1: Set permissions by clicking on “Attach existing policies directly” button and then “Create policy” button.
Step 2: Insert the below code to your policy file.
Step 3: Once done, double check if everything is alright by searching your newly created policy.
Finally, click on “Create user” button.
Download Access Key ID file
The security credentials for the user including an Access Key ID and a Secret Access Key will be shown to you. Amazon will not display this information again so please download the .csv file and keep them somewhere safe.
If they’re lost, you can always create a new set of keys but you cannot get the current secret key again later.
Use your own bucket with PDA S3 integration
Go back to our extension’s settings and key in all the necessary information as follows:
Click on “Test connection” and you should be all set.