First things first, please make sure:
- You’re on the latest version of WordPress
- You’re using the latest version of Prevent Direct Access:
Our plugin is updated frequently with bug patches, security updates, code improvements, and new features. It’s always best to be on the latest version of Prevent Direct Access.
- Clear your browser, hosting and plugin cache.
Caching speed up your WordPress site but may also cause issues with our plugin. Themepunch has a great tutorial on how to clear your hosting and plugin cache.
- This is a quick-and-dirty way to clear your browser cache:
- Press F12 to enable “Developer tools”
- Click on “Network” tab and check “Disable cache”
There is another more in-depth tutorial on StackExchange on how to do a Cache Refresh in Google Chrome.
Also, in order for us to assist you better, please provide us these information & files when contacting us:
For Prevent Direct Access Gold Version 3.0
- Please enable “Debug logs” option under Prevent Direct Access settings page.
- Send us the latest debug logs (normal and fatal logs, if any) under Prevent Direct Access Gold > Status > Logs
For Prevent Direct Access Gold Version 2.0
- Please send us (a screenshot of) your htaccess files
- Put these lines on your wp-config.php
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true); define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
Send us your debug.log file located under your WordPress wp-content folder
- What hosting are you using?
- Do your hosting and/or website use any cache plugin?
- In case your protected files don’t work, please provide us a sample of both original and private URL.
For example,Original URL: https://preventdirectaccess.com/wp-content/uploads/sample-download.pdf
Private URL: https://preventdirectaccess.com/hello/592286af465e7
- Are all your protected files still accessible or the problem only happens to a certain file types (i.e. PDF) only?