We have collected some custom integrations and use cases that have been experienced and shared by our customers as follow:
- Protect files uploaded via BuddyBoss
- Unable to upload large files to Amazon S3
- Protect direct links to PDFs uploaded via Gravity Forms
Protect files uploaded via BuddyBoss
By default, PDA Gold doesn’t protect the profile and cover images of the members uploaded via BuddyBoss and outside Media Library.
- Use the Folder Protection feature provided by our Access Restriction extension.
- Select folders /uploads/buddypress and /uploads/avatars, then all new file uploads to these 2 folders will be automatically protected with PDA Gold.
Use PDA with Amazon S3 extension to sell downloadable files through WooCommerce
Unable to upload large media files to Amazon S3 through WordPress Media Library.
- Download and install our free plugin WordPress Amazon S3 – Wasabi Smart File Uploads.
- It allows you to upload WordPress media files directly to Amazon S3 & Wasabi bucket using a custom file upload, not the local storage.
- There will be an option that adds your S3 files to WordPress Media Library after upload.
- From there our PDA Gold & S3 extension will handle the file protection under WooCommerce products as usual.
Protect direct links to PDFs uploaded via a Gravity Forms form
How to set this link to expire?
Yes. There are 2 ways to achieve this:
- Auto-protect file uploads via our Contact Forms extension, or
- Use our folder protection method provided by our Access Restriction extension.
- Then, in order to share the links with your users, you will need to integrate PDA Gold with Gravity Forms. You’ll be able to send private download links which allow anyone to download the PDFs without having to log in to the site. You can restrict the download links to expire by certain clicks or dates.