If you want to suggest a new feature, please feel free to contact us. Below are features we either have already planned or are discussing.
Upcoming Features: currently working on
- PDA Gold:
- Allow “Choose custom roles & memberships” FAP on “Add Media”
- Auto-protect files uploaded via “Add Media”
- Serve Woo product with private links if the product files are protected
- Password protect individual PDF files
- Improve file protection popup UI
- Forms & ACF:
- Show protected files by PDA Gold on ACF file field
- Integrate with ACF Pro
- Support Gravity Forms
- PDA S3:
- Handle big file upload in the background
- Handle manually uploaded-to-S3 files
- Password Protect WordPress (PPWP):
- Make “Password Protect by Role” feature work with Gutenberg editor
- Password protect part of your content
- Magic Links: Disable local file access permission
- Access Restriction: Block Woo product downloads from suspicious IPs
- Protect Videos:
- Support playlist
If you have features or ideas that you would love us to prioritize and develop first, you should get our extended support.
Pending Features: under discussion
- October 2018: Support custom video player for Protect Videos extension
- June 6, 2018: Create a placeholder for protected & hotlinking images
- May 18, 2018: First, get and store IP address of paid members through Woocommerce Memberships and Woocommerce Subscriptions plugins. Second, block access of those users who log in with different IP addresses than those they registered with when they bought the membership.
- November 2017: Display WooCommerce protected products
- December 11, 2018: Categorize new passwords by roles or global (Password Protect WordPress plugin)
- December 10, 2018: Auto-activate license on new subsites of a multisite network
- November 2018:
- Access Restriction extension: Bulk edit file access permission
- Protect Videos: Option to view the video at different speeds
- PPWP: Support other post types including Woo Products
- October 2018:
- S3 Smart Upload: Support CloudFront CDN
- May 25, 2018: Scroll through protected files instead of having to close one to get to the next (protected files) to pull the protected URL (Media filter).
- May 14, 2018: Whitelist IP addresses: give access to the entire website through these IP addresses only.
- May 8, 2018: Support TCPDF package and created a PDF signature from an image successfully.
- May 3, 2018: Prevent IDM from grabbing the video URL and downloading it.
- April 27, 2018: Integrate short time subscriptions: integrate PDA Protect Pages & Posts with WooCommerce to create a private link on WooCommerce order’s email then expire it within a pre-set days after purchase.
- April 25, 2018: Integrate PDA Gold with User Access Manager plugin
- April 8, 2018: Block search indexing yet allow people to access protected files via their original links
- November 2017: Support Bitnami hosting
- July 7, 2017: Protect private pages
I would like to upload the digital version of my book. When people purchase it, I would send them the URL. Next, I have a few pages I also want to be protected. The main access page would be private with the URL I get from you and link to other private pages.
- October 18, 2017: Create multiple expiring links to protect embedded videos
- October 21, 2017: Allow logged in users to have direct access to protected files
- October 2017: Protect multiple files at the same time
- June 2017: Support for WordPress multisite network
- May 25, 2017: Support for WP Engine hosting
- February 2017: Allow users to choose which page to redirect unauthorized people to when accessing protected files (default 404 page)
- May 19, 2018: Big files take too long for the server to read, which resulted in timeout and “Failed to load PDF document” error.
- April 2018: License expires after multiple submissions
- December 2017: All images are broken if WP_DEBUG = true (wpdb prepare errors)
- November 2017: Prevent Direct Access Gold slows down website’s load time
- October 27, 2017: Images load very slow when users are not logged in
- January 2017: Get 404 when loading non-protected links of my files
- December 2016: Unprotected images are not getting displayed anymore in media library and on front-end