With our Access Restriction extension, you can restrict access to your entire website and protected files by IP addresses. What’s more, you can allow certain user roles such as “Editors” and “Subscribers” to access each and every protected file.
- Set individual File Access Permission
- Blacklist certain IP address from accessing private links
- Restrict access to entire website by IP address
How to Grant Access to Specific User Roles on each Protected File
While you can grant access to all your protected files by user roles under Prevent Direct Access Gold settings, this extension allows you to do so for each and every protected file.
- Once you’ve protected your file, click on “” under “Prevent Direct Access” column on Media page
- Click on “File Access Permission” tab
- Simply choose custom user roles or membership types that you want to grant access
- Click “Submit” to save the changes.
How to Blacklist Access to Your Protected Files
You may want to share your protected files with certain people only. Apart from expiring the link by date and clicks, you can also restrict its access to certain IP addresses. Similarly, you can blacklist certain IP addresses from accessing your private files instead.
- Follow the first step mentioned above then click on “IP Restriction” tab instead.
- Enter IP addresses that you want to white- or blacklist
- Click “Submit” once you’re done
How to Restrict Access to Your Entire Website
- Under your WordPress admin, go to “Prevent Direct Access Gold”
- Click “IP Restriction” tab
- You can find “Restrict access to the entire website” section at the bottom of the page
- Simply enter those IP addresses that you want to access your website only.Please note that once you white-list these IP addresses, the rest of the world won’t be able to access your website. They’ll see this message instead:
- Click “Save Changes” when you’re done.