Please follow these 4 simple steps to protect videos hosted on Amazon S3 buckets:
- Create a private S3 bucket
- Configure CloudFront distribution
- Input your S3 & CF distribution on our plugin’s settings page
- Embed the S3 shortcode into content
3. Input your S3 & CF distribution
After configuring CloudFront distribution and AWS WAF rules successfully, go to our plugin’s Settings Page and set up as the guide. Please note that we do validate the values of your S3 bucket but not CloudFront (CF) distribution. If your CF configuration is not inputted correctly, your videos won’t play.
4. Embed the S3 shortcode into content
Once done, all you need to do is copy the shortcode which contains S3 link of your private video to content.
Step 1: Go to your bucket and click on the video’s name to get its S3 link. It would look something like this:
Step 2: Add the file URL to the shortcode as follows:
Step 3: Copy and paste the shortcode into content, and then check out the result.
At the moment, our plugin doesn’t support cover photo or autoplay videos when using S3 shortcode.