Once you have secured and embedded your precious files into WordPress content with PDA Gold, simply use a shortcode to build a playlist that allows users to play them all at once. Of course, your files are safe from unauthorized downloading thanks to our plugins’ protection method.
- Prevent Direct Access version 2.7.0 or greater
- Prevent Direct Access Gold version 3.2.0 or greater
- PDA Protect Videos extension version 1.3.2 or greater
Step 1: Protect audios and videos
First of all, you need to protect your audios and videos with Prevent Direct Access Gold.
To do so, click on our “Protect this file” checkbox while adding media into the content.
You can also use “Protect File” bulk action to protect multiple files at once.
Step 2: Display video playlist
shortcode into your content to run protected audios and videos as a playlist.
The following attributes are available with the shortcode:
- ids (required): The ID lists of your protected files. You can get the ID number by hovering over the desired file’s title.
- type (optional): Type of playlist to display
- Accept ‘audio’ or ‘video’
- Default: ‘video’
- orderby (optional): Define the way to sort files in the list.
- ID – Order by file ID
- author – Order by author
- title – Order by file title
- date – Order by date
- order (optional): Define the ascending or descending order of the “orderby” attribute
- ASC (default) – ascending order from lowest to highest values (1, 2, 3; a, b, c)
- DESC – descending order from highest to lowest values (3, 2, 1; c, b, a)
- height (optional): Define the playlist height in pixel. Default: 360px
- weight (optional): Define the playlist weight in pixel. Default: 640px
- autoplay (optional): Enable autoplay as soon as the media files are ready
- Accepts ‘true’ or ‘false’
- Default: ‘false’
It’s worth noting that:
- Autoplay is no longer supported by Firefox, Chrome, and Safari due to their recent policy changes.
- Currently, the playlist function doesn’t support files hosted on cloud storage or external servers.
Our plugin supports all video & audio types allowed by WordPress:
- Audio: mp3, m4a, ogg, wav, wma
- Video: mp4, m4v, webm, ogv, wmv, flv
However, some file types might not work well due to certain browser compatibility. Hence, it’s recommended to use mp3 for audio files and mp4 for video files, which are supported by most browsers.
Note: Our playlist function does not work properly with Internet Explorer (IE) browser.