Turn on IP Restrictions option under our settings for WooCommerce
- Enter a maximum number of IP addresses that are allowed to access the order page and product files after purchase.
- The default IP address is the one your customers use when purchasing your digital products
That’s all you have to do.
Now when your customers make a purchase, our plugin automatically captures their IP address and show it on their orders page.
- Our plugin supports both IPv4, e.g. 220.127.116.115, and IPv6, e.g. 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334
- It depends on your hosting configuration whether it returns IPv4 or IPv6
- The number of IP addresses are not necessarily the same as the number of devices
- Multiple devices on the same network would have the same IPv4 while a single device may get different IPv6 on different occasions
- Our plugin automatically detects and tracks the customers’ IP address when they access the order page
- Customers on a new IP address will have to access the order page first to download your product files. It helps to prevent them from sharing product file links without permission
- Our plugin blocks the following web bots and crawlers whose ‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’ contains ‘bot|crawl|slurp|spider|mediapartners|facebookexternalhit|ia_archiver’ on their headers so that when you share your order links on Slack and Facebook, our plugin doesn’t auto-capture those bots IP addresses
- Our IP restriction doesn’t affect existing orders which are still accessible to anyone.