Access Restriction extension restricts WordPress file access to specific users or user roles of your website. It also allows you to protect entire folders under WordPress "uploads" directory as well as restricting your website access to certain IP addresses.
Individual File Access Permission
The extension allows specific users or user roles to access your private images and documents. In other words, it activates all individual "File Access Permission" options available on Prevent Direct Access Gold on each and every protected file, includes:
- Custom roles: choose multiple user roles who can access your protected files
- Custom users: give some specific users permission to access these files
Customize Multiple File Access Permission at once
Our extension also comes with an extra "Assign Permission" bulk action. This comes in handy when you want to set the same custom access permission across multiple files. Instead of going through individual file access permission, you simply apply that permission to different files using our bulk action.
Protect all files on specific folders under your WordPress uploads directory. This feature comes in useful when you want to protect files that are not in your WordPress media library such as file submissions through a contact form and manual file uploads.
Since version 1.1.0, the extension also supports:
- Protecting files and folders outside of WordPress uploads, i.e. folders and subfolders on your WordPress root directory
- Folder protection on Multisite main and subsites
Folder Restriction via Referrer Links
Grant access to protected files under selected folders depending on where users come from.
Instead of restricting file access based on users and roles, you can set certain referrer links from which users will be given access.
- Allow some whitelisted IP addresses to access all or certain private content protected by Protect Pages & Posts plugin
- Allow specific IP addresses to access all your protected files
- Block specific IP addresses from accessing all your private download links
- Allow specific IP addresses to access all your private download links
- Blacklist specific IP addresses from accessing private links of each private file
- Allow only specific IP addresses to access your website. In other words, your entire website is blocked against the rest of the public.
- Whitelist or blacklist private link access by country (WIP)
- Whitelist or blacklist private link access by domain (WIP)
|WordPress:||4.7 or higher|
|Prevent Direct Access Gold OR||184.108.40.206 or higher|
|Protect Pages & Posts Gold:||1.0.10 or higher|
|PHP:||5.6 or higher|
|License:||As per your PDA license|
Your extension license is tied to your Prevent Direct Access (PDA) Gold license. So please use the same email when purchasing PDA Gold and this extension.