WordPress LMS refers to plugins that help deliver training to students, partners, or even employees through WordPress websites. It’s now playing a key role in deciding the way teachers and students interact with each other.
History of Learning Management Systems
It wasn’t until the 2000s when LMS really developed along with the wave of the internet and the increase of e-learning. However, the first earliest form of LMS has already appeared since the 1700s.
In the early 1720s
Appeared Correspondence/Distance Teaching as the primary form of e-learning. Professors gave students shorthand as training materials.
In the 1800s
Added a new idea of Multimedia Teaching. Teachers used telephone, radio, TV broadcast, and audio to provide instruction.
Invented the first teaching machine called Sidney Pressery, providing a window that could administer multiple-choice questions.
In the 1980s
Applied Telematic Teaching due to the creation of computer-aided teaching.
From 1992 to 1997
Developed Macintosh Platforms, LMS Training Partner, and Interactive Learning Network LMS systems
WordPress LMS Plugin Features
Every LMS plugin assists in creating classes, sharing materials, arranging students, and evaluating them with exams, tests, and quizzes on basic.
Allow creating or uploading course materials: videos, documents, tests, and so on.
Control the number of students joining courses as well as their payment process.
Training material protection
Prevent learners from sharing your online course videos and documents with others.
Provide training materials at once or during the duration.
Provide methods for students to join classes: subscribe, purchase courses one-time, or pay based on memberships, etc.
Quizzes and tests
Give a deeper insight into how well learners are doing. Improve course content, knowledge delivery methods, and test quality.
Make sure students receive homework, complete it, and send it back without any issues.
Pop up when an activity is completed such as passing the test.
Update students on their progress frequently. Announce them about the latest courses.
Enable students and instructors to generate profiles and interact with each other.
WordPress LMS Plugin Statistics 2021
WordPress LMS plugins grow rapidly over time. The following important numbers have proved that:
For every $1 spent on e-learning, IBM saw a return of $30 due to the effectiveness and productivity that MLS systems create over time.
Most Popular WordPress LMS Plugins
There are hundreds of LMS plugins for you to choose from, from free to premium ones. Each comes with a set of benefits and shortcomings that can greatly affect an organization’s teaching methods down the road.
- Currently receive 113,500 active installations
- Have 1,838,407 downloads with a rating of 87/100, updated on Mar 8, 2021, according to Marketpaw.
- 8 free and 16 premium LearnPress add-ons to enhance online courses’ functionalities.
- Allow you to export and import courses to other websites, including courses created by other LMS systems
- Primary works as a membership plugin
- Serve 22,996 live websites currently, updated on Mar 11, 2021
- Provide Classroom Mode which helps reduce the effort putting into designing courses
- Integrates seamlessly with popular plugins: PayPal, Stripe, Drip, ConvertKit, and more than 1,000 others
Promising Future of WordPress LMS
The changes in learners’ mindsets plus the rise of technology create immaculate conditions for online learning to develop.
- Affect more than 1.2 billion children in 186 countries by school closures
- Increase the percentage of virtual instructor-led training up to 2 times
- Make LMS on-trend in the next decades
- Automate training programs or courses and make them more effective and relevant
- Build systems for the mobile experience: integrate with social media, provide short modules, and offer mobile-friendly videos
- Let learners decide when and where to complete the training
Big Data Usage
- Collect trainer data, track student activities, analyze their progress
- Identify the quality of curriculums to build more effective modules and improve learner and instructor experience