Do you know what your potential users do when they open your WordPress site? What’s their favorite page, & what are the articles that attract them on your blog?
You need to know who visits your pages, where your visitors come from, and what action they perform when they land on your WordPress site in real-time. This is where the term “web analytics” comes into play.
Analytics plays an essential role in determining whether your marketing campaigns and SEO bring relevant traffic to your site or not.
The more insights and data you collect about your visitors, the better you’ll understand their behaviors, and so, improve your WordPress website by optimizing it for a better conversion rate.
So in this article, we’ll show you how to track user page views on your WordPress website so you can determine how well your business is growing and whether your form conversion rates are keeping up.
- Why is Website Traffic Important?
- Google Analytics by Sumo
- Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
- AFS Analytics
- Jetpack by WordPress
- WD Google Analytics
- WP Power Stats
Why is Website Traffic Important?
Website Traffic is essential for establishing yourself as a reputable brand. If you don’t have any visitors to your website, no one will ever subscribe to your email list, buy your product and services, or engage with your content.
Having more site traffic will surely help you:
- Generate more high-quality leads.
- Build better relationships with a broader audience.
- Get your website’s content shared across more social media platforms.
- Identify and solve more pain points that’ll help you build your business.
- Expand your business in terms of services/products, employees, physical locations, and revenue.
So, now you know why user page views are important. But do you know how to track whether your website traffic is increasing?
Let’s look at how to track the number of site visitors coming to your WordPress website. Here are 7 of the most popular tools you can use to track your site’s visitor traffic.
Google Analytics by Sumo
If you already have an idea about the Sumo plugin, you should also know that using real-time web analytics will be worth it. Google Analytics by Sumo enables you to view your Google Analytics directly in the Sumo dashboard of your WordPress site.
You don’t have to go through all the data to find the numbers you need. Google Analytics by Sumo highlights the most needed stats so you can easily track and grow your website traffic.
- Overview: You’ll get a pretty nice overview of how your website performs from page views, session duration, users, bounce rate, etc.
- On-Page Analytics: By using Google Analytics by Sumo, you can see your stats directly on each page, shown only to you, and you can also choose which critical stats you want to see on each page.
- Real-Time: It allows you to see which users are currently browsing your website, where they come from (their exact location), and also the pages that they click on in real-time.
- Popular Pages: You will get an overview of your most popular pages to see where your content (articles, blogs) performs well and where you need to make some adjustments.
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
It’s one of the most commonly used web tracking plugins for WordPress websites. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights provides you with an intuitive interface and excellent analytic tools.
It also gives you an asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code. Besides, it helps track search results, downloads, outbound links, and even offers the users IP hiding for stricter privacy.
- Easy Setup: With MonsterInsights, it’s straightforward to set up Google Analytics on your website without touching any code. If you know point-and-click, then you can easily use MonsterInsights.
- Universal Tracking: It uses universal tracking so that you can track your users across platforms and devices. With its demographic & interest reports, you’ll get a better idea of your potential audience.
- Real-Time: You don’t have to wait for the next day to see traffic spikes or potential problems. By using MonsterInsights, you’ll get real-time stats to unlock the maximum possible revenue for each and every customer.
- Custom Dimensions/ Event Tracking: You can also take advantage of all the powerful Google Analytics features such as file download tracking, custom dimensions, events tracking, outbound link tracking, performance tracking, etc.
It’s an incredibly adaptive and customizable plugin, and it provides its users with complete tracking code control. This useful plugin is one of the essential user-page tracking plugins of most successful business WordPress websites.
It’s a powerful plugin that lets you explore your analytics with a drag-and-drop canvas, modern data visualizations while getting a full and real-time picture of your visitor behavior.
Using this plugin, you’ll be able to analyze your visitor activity and understand what it takes to improve your site content. It also has an Automated Event Tracking that tracks everything from downloads, clicks, form access, video views, and submissions, scrolls depths, etc.
AFC Web Analytics tool provides you with two real-time reports that are regularly updated with time. The real-time dashboard allows you to see your website metrics on a single page, and the “Right now” report enables you to analyze the current activity on your site.
This fantastic plugin also comes with an algorithm capable of recovering in real-time the keywords used by each visitor. This algorithm captures the data from your WordPress website and your Google Search Console account via an API.
Using MixPanel, you can monitor user interactions across the customer journey by utilizing external and internal data. With the help of MixPanel, you’ll be able to find ways to improve the engagement rate and customer lifetime value by engaging with users based on actions they’ve taken.
Using MixPanel, you can also keep an eye on real-time events on your WordPress website and build your retention by sending emails and push notifications.
Jetpack by WordPress
This plugin is one of the essential plugins for your WordPress website. It’s a robust analytics tool with several other quality features like image optimization and security.
Using this plugin, you’ll be able to track your most successful posts, timelines of the users’ visits and their peak traffic time. It also has mobile optimization services and website monitoring options to attract more traffic to your WordPress site.
You can customize your whole site with the following options:
- Sidebar Widgets
- Custom CSS
- Infinite Scroll
- Tiled Galleries
WD Google Analytics
WD Google Analytics is a user-friendly and versatile WordPress site tracking plugin that helps you bring the Google Analytics dashboard to your WordPress dashboard.
This plugin will give you up-to-date reports on how your website performs, track users, compare metrics, and monitor targeted user activities.
In addition to the built-in Analytics reports, this plugin lets you obtain custom reports on various dimensions and metrics and provide you with AdSense, eCommerce, & AdWords reports.
It’s a WordPress tool that is a certified member of the Google Analytics Technology Partners Program, so its faultless performance is guaranteed.
WD Google Analytics also allows you to manage and set goals to track user interactions on your site, such as destination, duration, and pages per session. Each of the goals comes with their collection of options to choose from. You can set as many goals as you like.
WP Power Stats
WP Power Stats is one of the simplest analytical WordPress plugins in the marketplace. Using this plugin, you’ll constantly be provided with comprehensive insights about the traffic that comes to your website.
It’s not only a very lightweight, but also a secure, fast, and reliable plugin. Its highly customizable settings will enable you to fine-tune your visitor tracking. Some of the top features of this plugin are:
- One-click install
- Multiple Languages
- Private statistics on your hosting
- Fully customizable
- Keep track of your referral traffic, page views, devices that the users visit from, operating system, location, etc.
So these were some famous WordPress plugins to track user page views on your WordPress website. You must choose the tracking plugin for your WordPress website according to your needs and goals.
If you want to track the amount of traffic, you can choose each of the tools listed above to support your analytics. But if you want more data on your website, then some premier versions are better than others on the list.
Each of the plugins listed above serves the same goal which is collecting data about your website visits. Whatever results you get, you need to use the insights to continuously adjust, test, and improve your WordPress website to scale it for better conversion rates and more visits.